It is getting tricky being a full stack engineer in free lance world. So if you have a belt of experience, and want to tailor an resume stack with your skills, each engagement demands a new version of your resume based on the technical stack that is needed, I tght of doing a mini series to do a resume builder that kind of builds a WORD/PDF format of your resume.
Here is a very simple use-case list out.,
- Build a resume based on the technical tool stack that you will need
- Build a data-bank of technical tools you have worked on
- Build a data-bank of technical project you have worked on
- Request for a word/PDF format of your resume
- Keep this portal free of cost. Only server-less based stack
Here is a high level flow
Here are the high level needs
- S3 bucket from user to fill new skills and employment information
- Amplify to host a mono repo the resume portal
- Complete pipeline stack with CI/CD from AWS
- Fargate to work on various micro-services
- View Resume API
- Save Resume API
- Dynamo is the default server-less db
- AWS lambda to enforce the tags for all the assets, so that I don’t get dinged suddenly with a high bill
- Keep the cost to be free for the entire stack
For this week., am going to push the stack that returns the View Resume API information exchange
Quick look at the Tables that are going to be involved in the read API. No not going the noSql Route, will explain more when we go further in the series
Read API is boot based reactive stack that will change based on any entry that comes through the “save service” stack. I implemented the spring boot security for this iteration and we will change it more design tenants are added to the code base.
id 2 userName "bar" theme "2" summary "Foo Bar Summary" name "Bar Name" phone "2344563456" twitterHandle "mybarteitter" gitHubRepo "http://github.com" resumeUserJobList 0 id 1 company "American Express" designation "Application Development Engineer" startDate "1999-05-01" endDate "2000-06-01" responsibilities 0 "First Job" 1 "Second Job" currentJob false 1 id 2 company "Novell Express" designation "Application Development Engineer" startDate "2000-06-01" endDate "2002-10-01" responsibilities 0 "First Job" 1 "Second Job" currentJob false resumeUserEducationList 0 id 4 college "MIT" qualification "Bachelors Degree" startDate "2000-06-01" endDate "2002-10-01" summary "This is the ultimate Degree" keySkills 0 "JAVA" 1 "iOS"
The code base for generating this JSON string is in GitHub. Until I get more information exchange working on this code base., will share it and discuss more here.